Rebecca Bustamante-Mills: Maid who Made it Big as CEO



For every person who dreams of making it big in business, Rebecca Bustamante-Mills sets as an inspiration.  From her humble beginnings as a maid in the Philippines and abroad, now Rebecca has got it made as Chief Executive Officer of her own multinational executive recruitment firm, Chalre Associates.  Rebecca is also the president of the Asia CEO Awards and Forum.

I was one of the lucky bloggers to be invited to Rebecca's home.  Here are some snippets of our conversation:


"We started ASIA CEO Forum to promote Philippines abroad and encourage investors to invest in the Philippines.  BPOs, we're #1 in the world. There are many jobs available here.  We don't have to go abroad."

"My life here is better than when I was in Canada. It's also different there  abroad. There's plus and minus.. There abroad, you're looked after.  In Toronto we have proper health care system.  We're protected, but in terms of salary yes it's higher.  Expenses are also higher.  Here in the Philippines you are in control with many things.  Your family is here, your culture, your country.  If  you want to earn more, yes, it's here in our country.  It's up to you how you manage your time.

"We all have 24 hours a day. But if you ask yourself, why are others more successful?  We are all the same.  The only difference is where I put my time.  My time is very special, very precious.  So I make sure my time everyday like this is very valuable."

"For example if I work full time, who do I make rich? Of course, the one who owns the company. But if I start my own business, who do I make rich? Of course, myself.  I encourage each and everyone of you to start your own business.  Where am I good at?  What is really my passion?  What your passion is, it's what you should do.   Because you want to be in control with your mind.  Don't let your mind control you."

"The reason why we're doing this Asia CEO Forum is because of that.  It's hard, not easy.  But I'm so focused together with Richard so focused because we want to make Philippines first world (country). We want and we need it. " 

"With each and everyone of you, if we're using our time wisely and going toward that direction, it won't be just our country getting rich.  It would be each and every one of us."

"The things you're doing, people will appreciate it.  Then blessings will just come to you.  Like us, I didn't expect this, results like this.  But give yourselves 10 years.  Focusing on starting your own business at home.  There you'll see the result.  But you have to do the work every single day.  Even when you're tired, you have to wake up and maximize your time.  There's no difference between me and you."

If you can visualize where you want to go, we want to be rich, we want to earn.  You have to be direct to the point.  If you want to make 10 million in 10 years, how do you do that?  What are the activities we have to do to achieve that?  I know what I want to do to achieve that.  

For example this year, I have a hit target.  I hit it already.  What month is it only?  So now, I'm working for 2016.  Our event that will be international: summit, awards...  Why did we open it to Asia, I could share that with you. I know where we're headed.  I know what we should do.  My time every single day, I know what I'm doing so we'll go there.  (reach the target).  It's not because I'm smart.  We're all the same.  Believe me.  It's just using our time wisely.  




 Here is a short video clip:

   














            
                Rebecca Bustamante-Mills giving inspiration to bloggers and encouraging them to be entrepreneurs




Group pic with Rebecca Bustamante-Mills

  



That's me with Rebecca and her book "Maid to  Made"


Know more about Asia CEO Forum and Awards here 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top