I Celebrate Me




Today I am celebrating who I am and the better person I will grow into tomorrow.   Every day I realise there is more to learn about life, myself, others, and my relationship with the world.   If I could maintain that positive attitude, then life would be easy sailing for me.  Truthfully, as the captain of my ship, I have weathered many storms.  I navigated through rough waves, strong winds of tragedies, heartaches and loss.  Each setback made me lose my confidence, doubt my abilities; and I grasped at the helm how flawed I am as a person.  Mistakes I made are my history that I learn from.  I will never attain perfection, but I will always do and give my best in life’s changing tides.  I choose to celebrate me.      

Who am I?  That is a question I come face to face with every moment.  I seem to evolve day by day.  Sometimes I surprise myself with what I can and cannot do. By moving and doing things, I learn what my limits are. If it is a worthwhile endeavour, I will keep striving and pushing beyond my boundaries until I can do well at a particular task.  If education told my identity, then I am a writer, artist, entrepreneur, and chef. I attended schools that developed my talents and skills.   However, the grandest school in my book is life itself.  Life is where the real challenges and rewards are.  I could keep attending different schools, amassing collections of certificates and diplomas, yet not live up to my full potential if my real life application does not exist.  As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.  I have to constantly put myself out there and challenge myself. Recently, I made artworks, baked breads and cakes, then joined a fair.  Of course, I wrote up and designed my leaflets to distribute to prospective clients, too.  That entrepreneurial activity made use of my abilities, enabled me to know what customers want, and made my pockets full as well.  I even received orders for customised cakes! 

The United Kingdom is a place I call home for more than a year and a half now.  Originally from the Philippines, I moved into the UK to start a new life with my husband, John. We married in the Philippines, had our honeymoon there, then flew to the UK together.  My love story with John began when I met him at a cooking event in London three years ago.  To this day, we both enjoy cooking and eating meals we prepare together. 

Love makes starting over seem easier. I left behind the life I was comfortably well-adjusted to: a thriving career in entrepreneurship, family, relatives and friends back home.   I chose to be with the man I love and have no regrets.  I only wish we could have our own family soon.  I suffered a miscarriage on the early part of our marriage.  I grieve the loss of what could have been our child. One tragedy should make the love I feel for my husband stronger, not weaker.  I am a wife and a future mother.  John is my best friend and partner in life, not just my husband.  Together we could shape an even more blissful destiny for us and our future family. 

In today’s modern post-Brexit era, I believe that it might take herculean task to stay true to my identity.  Others will look at me, notice my skin colour, facial features and think to themselves that I am not one of them.  When I walk into town, from time to time, I get stopped by a stranger and asked “are you visiting?” followed by “what do you think of the British?”  I find the Brits a friendly bunch and I earnestly hope that would never change.  When I watch news on TV or read the newspaper, I am informed that hate crimes are spreading across the UK.  There are those who endure intimidation, fear, and even violence for being who they are.   These are supposedly civilised times. If anything is to be learned from the internet, it is that we are all connected. While I celebrate me, I also celebrate you. 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. My boyfriend left me for another girl. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Ebuka can help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I'm so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage. Simply contact the great "Dr.Ebuka" If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., Thank you Dr Ebuka for saving my broken relationships and brought my boyfriend back to me!" email him at: ebukalovetemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +13103599685 ....

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top