My Matron of Honor Speech for Happy and Tanguy's Wedding





   


Thank you to everyone here tonight-the most important people, the VIPs for Happy and Tanguy who came from all over the world to witness the beginning of their happy marriage unfold.

To those who don’t know me yet I’m Viva Andrada-O’Flynn, Happy’s Big Sister.  I felt the need to clarify that as we keep on getting asked who’s older--- I am older. 

I am Happy’s Matron of Honor meaning that I am married to that dashing man right there, John, my loving husband.  As the Matron of Honor I represent Happy’s Bridesmaids Say, Stephanie, Ann, Ada, Yasmine, Shayne, Sam , Angel, Abhie and Denise.

Now let me tell you about my sister Happy.  You probably all know that Happy is a world class Filipina fashion designer and the world is her runway. Happy makes the Philippines proud with her various fashion shows in London, Paris, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Milan, Amsterdam, Seoul, Singapore, Mongolia, Beijing, Hong Kong, Manila and more.    You get the picture.  Happy is a multi-awarded fashion designer who won several international awards.  Happy celebrates her 11th year in fashion this 2017.  I’m so incredibly proud of her and the remarkable woman she’s grown to become. 




As Happy’s sister, I have many amusing tales to tell you about this wonderful person.  Let me start with what it was like growing up with Happy.  I remember Happy has always been a fun loving person.  I remember taking good care of my Barbie dolls, only then a playful baby Happy would remove the heads of my dolls and swap them around my other Barbie dolls as if a quick way of changing clothes. Possibly that revealed of Happy being an aspiring fashion designer at a very young age.   I remember cartoon and Sound of Music marathons with Happy.   I remember drawing portraits only to find them missing because Happy was tracing them and now Happy has surpassed my drawing skills—she learned from the best teacher…me..haha!  I really lived up to the role of being a big sister.  Whenever she needed help, I gave it to her.  If she needed help with school projects, book reports, etc. I helped her.  I was a bit of a nerd back then.




When I was in college, I took up Mass Communications.  I learned how to handle the press.  After graduation, I became a journalist and wrote for publications.  I was the first to interview and write an article about Happy with the title “Happy’s Halloween” since Halloween is Happy’s favorite time of the year.  Halloween is when people can dress up and be whoever they want to be.  That probably spoke of Happy’s love for fashion as well.  At that time, I usually had the beauty and fashion beat, and I’ve gotten invited to various fashion shows.  Happy watched the fashion shows with me and our Mom.  At Happy’s 18th birthday, she launched her first fashion collection.  At my sister Happy’s debut, I became an event coordinator, script writer, emcee, and PR.  I wrote press releases about Happy’s debut/fashion show and distributed them to publications.  Through the years, I evolved to help Happy with her career. 

And now Tanguy, you married Happy today and I encourage you to support Happy in all that she does and to keep evolving, to be the partner Happy needs.  I’ve seen how you’ve helped Happy in her London show.  I hope that you’ll always love and cherish Happy.  You’re a very lucky man to be married to Happy.  I hope that you’ll always make Happy happy and that in turn she’ll always make you happy. 
  
Happy I love you so much.  You’re an incredible person who is creative, talented, loving, determined, focused and the best sister I could possibly wish for.  You’re my sister, business partner, travel buddy with Mom, fashion stylist, personal shopper, my favorite fashion designer.  You made my fairytale like wedding gowns and entourage gowns last year, my Maid of Honor.  And now it’s your wedding, I’m your Matron of Honor.  No choice.  Hehe! We’re lucky to be born into a loving family with the best relatives and the best, most lovingly supportive Mom.  Remember how you said to me that I shouldn’t get married because you’ll never get married?  Now we’re suddenly both married.  Love certainly works wonders.    Although I live far away, in the UK now, I’m always here for you and you can always count on me. 

Happy and Tanguy look around you.  You’re surrounded by a circle of love.  If ever there comes a rough patch in your marriage, don’t give up on each other.   Remember this moment, when you declared your mutual love to each other to all these wonderful people who believe in and support your union.  


Please raise your glasses to my amazing sister Happy and her husband Tanguy.  May you be fruitful and always happy.     

And now Happy I have this special surprise for you: a song I wrote and sang for you.  I love you Happy!



CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Wow! I am deeply moved and touched by your post. Love how you love your sister Happy- she is very blessed to have you around. What really amazes me is the sweet song you wrote for Happy- that is very loving..I wish I have a sister too. Love you both and your mom too and may God always bless you more.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top