Search for Gloucestershire Poet Laureate


Gloucestershire Poet Laureate

I sit silently stare at sunrise sweeping through Gloucestershire
Sky bursts into orange, blue, purple, pink and red hues
I’m down by the Docks dazzled
Listening to flocks sing good morning as they fly by
Smelling gasoline, earthy woody scent in the air
While drumming words in my mind
Gloucestershire Poet Laureate…hmmm…wonder what does it take to be the next?
Gloucestershire Poet Laureate…hmmm…wonder what does it take to be the next?

I take my trusty paper and pen my traveling friends
As serene sceneries of Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham,
Cotswolds rolling hills, people I’ve seen and places I’ve explored
Stroud, Forest of Dean, Dursley, South Gloucestershire
Swirl on my memories and spill out on pages in words I have yet to decipher

Dizzy
I click my heels together
I close my eyes

I open my eyes
I’m here standing before you at Olympus Theatre
Home of Gloucestershire’s Creatives

Gloucestershire Poet Laureate
What does it take to be the next?
I look at you
Take out my pen and paper
Let’s write together
Prorsum sempur
Ever Forward Gloucestershire

Viva Andrada O’Flynn



Cake by Love Viva Cakes and Crafts

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top